I wrote the available numbers on a strip of cardboard, and the kids chose 9 numbers and wrote them with whiteboard markers on squares of cardboard that I had covered with clear contact. That way we could easily rub them out and play again.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Bingo Maths
For Maths today, we played a Bingo game. Amy is just learning to write and recognise her numbers so we included the numerals 0 to 9. Lili has been having trouble differentiating between the -teens and the -ty's, as in the difference between thirteen and thirty, or fourteen and forty, so we also included all the teens as well as all tens up to 100 (20,30,40 etc).

I wrote the available numbers on a strip of cardboard, and the kids chose 9 numbers and wrote them with whiteboard markers on squares of cardboard that I had covered with clear contact. That way we could easily rub them out and play again.
The Bingo Master then drew out the numbers one by one and read out the number without the kids seeing the written number. This way they had to listen and recognise which verbal number matched their written one. We used counters from a Four-In-A-Row game to cover the numbers once they had been called out.
We each took turns being the Bingo Master. Nathan joined in as well and it was a really fun activity. The kids especially enjoyed yelling out "BINGO!!" when they had a full card. We will definitely be using this activity again.
I wrote the available numbers on a strip of cardboard, and the kids chose 9 numbers and wrote them with whiteboard markers on squares of cardboard that I had covered with clear contact. That way we could easily rub them out and play again.
Labels:
homeschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment