Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cooking, sewing, knitting...

  I love to make and create things, and I have had time in the last few weeks to spend some time doing just that.  I sewed these cute little booties for the new baby of our neice.  I thought a crocheted flower would just be the thing to finish them off but alas, my crochet skills began and ended at single crochet.  Thanks to the wonders of Youtube (is there anything you might want to learn that's not on there?) I now know how to double crochet and produce the pretty crocheted flowers on the booties. Add a sweet pearly button and I was quite pleased with how they turned out. I must admit that this pair were attempt number three, and my daughters' baby dolls now have really great booties.  :)

It could be said that I temporarily went a little crazy crocheting flowers. Here's one with a vintage leather button now adorning my beanie (the beanie is handmade, but not by me).  There are more on the slippers I knitted for Lili.


I knitted up another pair of slippers for myself too.  One cannot have too many pairs of soft, knitted slippers!

I have the sewing machine out, sewing some winter tops.  This one is finished and I have a stack of fabric ready to make a couple more.


 This morning I cooked this yummy slice.  It is relatively healthy and a favourite around here.  The recipe is adapted from one given to me; I'm not sure where the original recipe came from.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (80g) pepitas
3/4 cup (70g) dessicated coconut
1/2 cup (65g) wholemeal plain flour
1/4 cup (55g) raw sugar
1 cup (130g) traditional rolled oats
1/4 cup (40g) sesame seeds
1/2 cup (80g) sunflower kernals
1/2 cup (75g) sultanas
3/4 cup nuts - I used pecans, but walnuts or almonds are also nice

Mix together all the dry ingredients.

Mix 1 tablespoon honey with 120g melted butter and add to the dry ingredients with 2 lightly beaten eggs.

Mix well, then press firmly into a lined baking tray or dish. Bake in moderate oven til golden.  I use 180 degrees celcius in a fan-forced oven for about 12-15 minutes.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment