Our old house was a contemporary style. We had a set of three prints like the one below, which I liked in the old house. Our new house is quite the opposite in style, so I decided these prints needed a makeover to fit in here better. One of my favourite hobbies is to give new life to old things.
I like fabrics, colours and decor that is quirky and ecclectic, with a contemporary twist on country style. I pulled the prints apart (oops, no turning back now as I partly destroyed them in the process!), then covered parts with fabric and glued them all back together. I am really happy with the result.From OK and mass-produced to something unique and just my style.
I had extra fabric left so I made new patchwork covers for old cushions. I can't wait to get painting the new house- as you can see in the photo below we have an abundance of timber cladding that I'm keen to paint white. I love the new cushions as much as the new artworks.
This house feels a little more like home :)
LOVE the fabric Meg,
ReplyDeleteBoth the prints and cushions look great!
They look amazing. Both the prints and the cushions.
ReplyDelete