It's also big enough for the girls to get inside easily. They love to get in there, pick up a guinea and sit with them. I recently accepted the offer of a free male guinea pig, so we are expecting babies in a couple of weeks (thus needing bigger guinea pig digs).
Des also built a couple of raised vege beds, using recycled corrugated steel, some old hose on the top edges and some old bits of timber we had collected. I created a net frame over the top with some bamboo and old poly pipe. We need the netting to keep out the possums as well as our chooks.
With the cooler weather I have brought out the knitting again. These are some slippers I made for myself using some wool I had leftover from something else.
Love the fabulous guinea pig cage!
ReplyDeleteLove the slippers and the piggies new home :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by Ruby and Kez - the guineas like their new home too :)
ReplyDeleteThat's one thing I'd love to learn to knit is some slipper socks. I'll have to be a bit proactive in getting someone to help me this year. Might have to organise a skills trade off again for those willing. What type of wool did you use?
ReplyDeleteAnyway the yard, is looking very organised, you're doing a fabulous job. Warmest wishes, Renelle
I think the wool is mostly acrylic-not sure. I'm knitting a pair at the moment using a wool blend. It's a very easy pattern, as my kntiing skills are quite basic, so I'm sure you would be able to do it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments :)
that's one fancy enclosure. We have foxes and cats around here so I have to be pretty careful about them being outside.
ReplyDelete