Thursday, June 28, 2012

One of a kind

Lili is a girl who knows what she wants. 

When it comes to clothes they must be pretty, comfortable and of certain colours. Any pants with bulky waistbands - like jeans- are deemed uncomfortable.  

We have been hard pressed this winter to find warm pants she approves of, and so we took a trip to the fabric store last weekend and I set about sewing some for her.

I sew for Lili with some trepidation because you never know if all that work will end in her rejecting the garment.
 


 The pattern is from this very inspiring book.












Happily, I can report that she LOVES these pants.
 
  

Warm, the correct colours (as chosen by Lili), comfortable, no scratchy bits or otherwise rejectable issues.

The first pair turned out a little long and with more flare than she is used to, so for the second pair I reduced the length and tapered the leg a little.  



 She's happy, I'm happy.  One of a kind pants for a one of a kind girl :)  

1 comment: